HTML

Sunday 21 October 2012

A few of my favourite things...

I always like reading these types of posts on other blogs for inspiration. Although I tend to be quite fickle about the products I use, especially with skincare, I do stick to the chosen few products which I continue to repurchase.

Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream
Some people describe it as a pricier version of Vaseline, it definitely is not! Debuting in 1930 this multi-purpose product has rightly earned its cult status. Used to help heal minor cuts and scrapes, soothe chapped skin and even help tame flyaway strands of hair, this is a product I always keep in my bag. The range has also expanded to other skincare pieces, lipbalms, handcreams and limited edition sets.

MAC Cosmetics Lipstick in Syrup
A perfect pink colour that would suit many skintones, this is my go-to lipstick. It is part of the lustre range which I prefer from MAC as they are tinted yet moisturising, almost like a balm.

Lush Mask of Magnaminty
A deep cleansing, exfoliating mask that makes your face feel incredibly clean afterwards. If I'm honest I can always smell a hint of potatoes in this, but if you can get past it, this really is one of the best deep cleansing masks I've used.

Benefit They're Real Mascara
I'm always sceptic of claims of massively enhancing mascaras as very few in my experience live up to it. I always liked Benefits Bad Gal lash but their most recent addition is amazing. It really lengthens, separates and accentuates lashes, and apparently also works on improving lashes over time with regular use although I haven't really noticed this. Amazing stuff!

Bumble and bumble Brilliantine
I'm not really one for languishing over styling cremes for long, however Brilliantine is one that I've been using for about ten years and will continue to do so. Very light in texture this really works well for layered hair of any length by defining the layers and giving a 'neat' bed-head look. It helps that the tube lasts an absolute age as well!

So there, not many repurchases! What products are your 'holy-grail' items?





 

No comments:

Post a Comment