HTML

Monday 7 January 2013

Review - Lush Mask of Magnaminty


When it comes to Lush there are very few of their products that I don't get on with. Their skincare products are something I always love though, their face masks in particular. The majority of face masks are fresh meaning they have to be refrigerated and have around a months use by date from the date of manufacture. Mask of Magnaminty doesn't fall into this category although keeping it in the fridge really gives a zingy effect on application, it is not essential and it does last longer than the fresh masks.


Lush describe the mask as refreshing and brightening and can be used on the face and body. It is a thick clay and peppermint mask ideal for deep cleansing, and with fine grains also gently exfoliates at the same time.


I tend to use this mask weekly, more if my skin is misbehaving or if I have been working nights where I might have been somewhat lax with my skincare routine. Leave it on for 15-30 minutes or until the clay has set and rinse (a lot, it does take a while to wash off!) and a brighter face should be revealed. This is one product that really does do what it says on the tin, and I have found that for many clay masks it is difficult to go wrong with them if their use is to get rid of blemishes for instance. If you have problem areas such as chin or nose you can just apply the mask there on a more regular basis if needed. The bonus with this mask is the exfoliation - only gentle exfoliation is needed and I can see a difference, especially if my skin has been looking a bit dull or tired. It's certainly good for a pick me up.

The only disadvantage for me is the smell. In theory it should be all pepperminty and lovely, but all I can smell is potatoes. Yep, boiled potatoes at that. Other people however can just smell peppermint and none of the potato nonsense so don't let that put you off!

Mask of Magnaminty is available in Lush shops or online. It is available in two sizes: 125g is priced at £4.95 and 315g at £8.75.

No comments:

Post a Comment