HTML

Friday 4 January 2013

Tried and tested - the usual look

Does anyone else go through phases where they just don't change their look? Recently I've been at a standstill with my makeup, autumn and winter tends to have that effect. I need some new inspiration and am checking FOTDs on blogs like no-ones business. This is what I'm currently going for:

Face




- Benefit Porefessional I have a number of these little sample size tubes and it will be a definite one to purchase once they've ran out. Very silky on application it provides a smooth base while minimising pores before applying foundation. It's not a miracle product by any means but certainly helps reduce pore size.

- L'oreal True Match foundation in Rose Ivory One of the best foundations I have found for me. Matches my skintone perfectly, and although it provides good coverage it feels light on application.

- Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in Fair My go to concealer, this is a great budget buy. Again the shade is ideal - I haven't found other Collection products to be light enough for pale skin so this is perfect. Covers anything and everything from blemishes to under eye darkness without looking caked on or creased.


Cheeks




- Benefit Posie Tint A pinkier alternative to Benetint, and one that is much easier to apply, this is used for both lips and cheeks. Gives a nice flush of colour without being overdone.

- Benefit Hoola I've never really got on with Hoola after an unfortunate experience as a teenager having my makeup done at the Benefit counter. The SA was new, very enthusiastic and very heavy handed on the old bronzer - not good. Still, I got this as part of a set and after testing it out its actually more pale-friendly than I thought.

- NARS Deep Throat blusher You can't go wrong with this blush, love it!

- Benefit Highbeam One of the best liquid highlighters and lasts forever. I tend to mix a drop in with heavier foundations such as Estée Lauder Doublewear to perk my skintone a bit.


Eyes




- MUA Heaven & Earth palette A relatively recent purchase for me considering how long ago it was released and the [well deserved] hype it received. Very wearable colours, it you want neutrals go for this palette.

- MAC Teddy kohl The best brown eyeliner ever, this is one I've worn for about 10 years now. Glides on perfectly, great pigmentation and lasts.

- Collection 24 hour Extreme eyeliner Not that I ever wear eyeliner for a full 24 hours as a rule, this does do its job of staying put. And it's a bargain. It does however dry quickly so not easy to correct any mistakes.

- Lancôme Doll Eyes mascara Lancôme mascara are a favourite of mine and this is no exception. Lengthens lashes and the tapered brush means all lashes are covered. As much as I love this mascara it may happen to be superseded by....

- Benefit They're Real mascara ...which is even better than the above! If you want full, thick and long lashes try this. Anyone remember back in the day when Bad Gal lash was amazing (its really not like it used to be...)? Well this is better by far.


Lips





- Clinique Chubby Sticks There is nothing I don't like about these lip pencils from any brand but I do tend to use my Clinique ones more often. You get the best of both worlds- the colour and coverage of a lipstick, but the shine and moisture of a gloss, what more could you ask for?!

- Benefit Box O' Powder gloss Part of a set but Coralista and Sugarbomb are the two that I use the most. The perfect non-sticky, pigmented gloss which is very similar to a past range that Benefit used to sell called 'The Gloss' these glosses have corresponding powder boxes for a full colour effect.

- No7 / Poppy King lipstick in Glamour This is my first lipstick from the Poppy King range as I rarely wear No 7 makeup. A beautiful pink, this suits day and evening looks and has become a staple in my bag.


While you can't really go wrong with neutral eyes I'm in need of some colour! Does this lack of inspiration happen to anyone else?!

3 comments:

  1. Great post! I have considered Benefit Porefessional, but I hear mixed reviews on it's actual ability to minimize pores...and as for Benefit High Beam...I do have it as well, and I am trying hard to love it. It has gotten amazing reviews...but everytime I apply in on the top of my cheekbones it looks blothcy...tried using both my fingers and a stippling brush...any suggestions?

    By the way, great blog, i am a new follower, found you on She Said Beauty!

    glossedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! I think Porefessional probably depends on how your pores are to start with - mine are visible but not too open so this covers over them and just gives a more even finish to your makeup. Ask for a sample at the counter if there's one near you to try and see how you get on with it. With Highbeam I just use the smallest couple of dabs as too much definitely looks patchy on me! I use fingertips to blend. Hope this helps!

      Delete
  2. Thanks! I will try again with the high beam...I must be doing something wrong, since so many people love it so much!

    ReplyDelete