HTML

Friday 11 January 2013

Review - MUA Pro Base Fixing Mist

Yes, like many others I have jumped on the MUA Fixing Mist and after wearing it for the last two weeks? I love it!





The idea of the fixing mist is to hold your makeup, regardless of weather conditions. My skin is combination and at its oily stages it does have a tendency to 'slip' by early afternoon - cue a supply of pressed powder and blotting sheets! Having tried MAC Fix+ and not being overly amazed by it, I thought I'd give this one a try as it was getting some good reviews.

Once I'd sprayed the mist as directed over my face from an arms length distance I noticed that my skin didn't feel particularly wet - some mists/sprays do have the effect of pretty much dousing your skin. This did sink in very quickly. Some reviews recommend that you buff the mist into your skin, especially when using mineral or more heavy makeup to prevent a cakey look and this isn't ideal if your face is soaking wet! There is a very faint scent to it as well which is pleasant enough.

MUA claim that Fixing Mist gives up to eight hours of in-place makeup. And does it? Well...yes! I've got to then ends of the working day with my makeup still in place. Depending on my skin at the time I might reapply base in some areas (nose and chin mainly) if I was heading straight out after work, but to have gone through the day without powder touch ups/reapplication is pretty impressive.

Would I repurchase? Definitely!

Fixing Mist can be found at MUA online or at Superdrug stores for £5.


3 comments:

  1. Hey! I saw your blog via MUA's twitter, and I love it! I love your style and the writing is really good. Keep it up :) Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award on my latest Blog post! It's for relatively new bloggers, I had gotten nominated myself and had to choose other fellow bloggers!

    xo

    ReplyDelete