HTML

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Review - Superdrug Vitamin E hot cloth cleanser

The concept of hot cloth cleansing isn't unheard of thanks to Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish, later followed by brands such as No7, Soap and Glory and even M&S bringing out their offerings too. Superdrug have followed suit by releasing their hot cloth cleanser as part of the vitamin E range. Priced at £5.99 for 200ml, including a muslin cloth, there is often money off the range or is part of 3 for 2.










As you can see the cream cleanser is thick, and for me there is nothing better than slathering on a thick layer of cleanser to remove makeup on an evening. Cleansing foams and oils just don't cut it for me during makeup removal so this does the trick perfectly. Using the muslin cloth that is included I run it under hot water (funnily enough..), wring it out and keep on my face for a minute or so before wiping my makeup off. Once done a splash of cold water over my face, spritz of toner and my face feels soft and clean.


Scent-wise this isn't dissimilar to The Body Shops vitamin E range, just very clean and fresh smelling. It can be used to remove eye makeup but personal preference for me is to use a separate eye makeup remover first, and then a light going over with the cleanser. My eyes can be pretty sensitive at times but they certainly haven't reacted to this. How effectively does it remove heavy makeup? Well it's passed the Estée Lauder Doublewear challenge without too much effort!

Overall the main difference I would notice between Superdrugs own and Liz Earle is cost primarily. I don't think anything of using a generous amount of the vitamin E cleanser whereas am a bit more frugal with C&P. Both work just as effectively at removing makeup but if you're aiming for beauty on a budget, give this one a try.

1 comment:

  1. I love their moisturiser but I really think I'm going to have to give this a try too! x

    ReplyDelete